GIGABYTE is proud to offer every person that buys a qualifying GIGABYTE Black Edition 9 Series motherboard and who have registered their board for the 3-year Upgrade-warranty including the 5-years extended warranty the opportunity to exchange their motherboard for a newer version within three years.
Once within 3 years from the board purchase date (proof of purchase necessary) the customer can chose a new motherboard from GIGABYTE's official 9 series product upgrade list providing the below terms and conditions are met in full.
The conditions for this service are:
- To be able to benefit from this service, the customer must register their GIGABYTE Black Edition 9 Series motherboard for the 3 year upgrade warranty within 4 weeks of the original purchase date.
- During the registration process, the customer must upload to GIGABYTE a copy of their full receipt or invoice as proof of the purchase.
- GIGABYTE will establish a special web page for the express purpose of the upgrade services. http://upgrade.gigabyte.eu
There, the customer has to inform GIGABYTE before exchanging the boards about the desired motherboard (exchange board). Further information about the process will be published here as well.
- If the original price of the replacement motherboard exceeds the original purchase price of the registered Black Edition 9 Series motherboard, GIGABYTE will invoice the price difference to the customer.
- The approved main board (for the exchange) must be functional and include the complete accessories and original packaging to be returned to GIGABYTE.
- The customer is responsible for shipping and costs for sending the product to the local GIGABYTE office. The shipping fee for the return of the new product to the customer is covered by GIGABYTE.
- In your own interests please pay attention that the shipment is sufficiently insured and packed appropriately. Shipments that do not follow these guidelines will be rejected by GIGABYTE.
- Once GIGABYTE has received the registered motherboard and tested that it is in proper working condition and the potential necessary payment is booked to GIGABYTE's account, the requested and agreed upgrade model will then be shipped to you.
| Extension of the Upgrade-Warranty
The upgrade warranty and the rules listed here apply only for officially listed GIGABYTE Black Edition 9 Series motherboards and represent a voluntary service provided by GIGABYTE.
Claims under this warranty can only be made for products purchased in the participating countries and can only be made in the country in which the product was originally bought. Condition for this is the previous successful registration of the product within four weeks after date of purchase.
In case of complaint, the customer must proof the right of claim by his warranty certificate sent from GIGABYTE after registration.
If the product stops working / is broken during the warranty period due to a material or manufacturing failure, GIGABYTE will repair or replace the product.
The decision to repair or replace will be made by GIGABYTE.
The warranty service will be handled by GIGABYTE's RMA department to which the motherboard has to be shipped including sufficient postage and packing. Costs for repairs that were not performed by GIGABYTE will not be reimbursed. Claims for the replacement of third-party services are not acceptable and will be denied.
| Warranty exclusions
Expressly excluded from this warranty are the following:
- Products that have been changed or modified from original supplied condition, or which the serial number has been altered or removed.
- Damages or malfunctions that are particular to the following:
- Acts of God
- Damage from pollution or contamination from local environments such as moisture or dust damage.
- Incorrect or improper installation or use, in particular the permanent usage of products outside its original design parameters.
- transport damages of any kind.
- Improper repairs or attempted repairs by unauthorized persons.
- damage caused by third party products.
The extended warranty is granted only to products that have been sold by GIGABYTE or official GIGABYTE partners.
Products that have come from other sources to the market of the participating countries will be excluded from this warranty and are not eligible for registration.
| Warranty claim
The warranty above may only be claimed by the original purchaser of the product (end consumer), meaning the warranty is none transferable if sold on by unofficial GIGABYTE partners or end users.
Liability for damages by GIGABYTE is only due to mandatory laws. In particular, the warranty does not include a claim for compensation for loss of data, loss of earnings, fees or otherwise, caused by the defect consequential damages.
All further undertakings, guarantees, particularly acquired that were made explicitly or implicitly by third parties, bind only those who took the further commitment. If the buyer has purchased the mainboard as a consumer within the meaning of the law, any resulting statutory warranty claims against the seller by the manufacturer's warranty will not be restricted.
| Costs for this Upgrade-Warranty
Within this scope, the customer pays the simple fees for shipping to the local GIGABYTE repair service as stated below. All other costs such as labour, materials and return transportation costs for customers are supported by GIGABYTE.
In case of complaints from outside of the above scope, the customer must pay all costs of transportation (round-trip transportation).
| Final advice
Keep the warranty certificate in a safe place, GIGABYTE will not accept any liability for loss or damage to your certificate.
Duplicates of the warranty certificate will NOT and cannot be issued.
In case of the need for repair or exchange with GIGABYTE please ship the goods with a detailed error description report, a completed RMA request and proof of purchase from GIGABYTE or official third parties.
In your own interests please pay attention that the shipment is sufficiently insured and packed appropriately. Shipments to that do not follow these guidelines will be rejected by GIGABYTE. In regards to non-existing or falsely claimed warranties the goods will be returned to the sender and the customer is then responsible for the cost incurred.
This is a service of
|Contact data for : United Kingdom, Ireland
13 Warren Yard,
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire,
Phone: +44 (1908) 322 878
1. Official Black Edition 9 Series motherboards: GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK, GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK, GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK.
2. Participating countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain.
3. Contact data you will find on the end of this terms and conditions. For other countries than listed above please contact us by e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org